Read these terms and conditions of service carefully because they and any other polices on this platform constitute an agreement between you the Events Organizer and Events South Africa. They are intended to affect your rights as a user or subscriber to this platform.
- Our Service
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and its members allow front-end events submission, in return for an annual subscription fee, that enables Event Organizers and Event Managers create events through our platform, which are promoted publically to the general public and visitors of our platforms through our platforms and other third party media channels for viewing, with the following features;
- Event Organizer profiles
- Additional Events Organizers profiles
- Events Speaker profiles
- Event Schedules
- Events Time and Date profiles
- Events Location profiles
- Additional Events Location profiles
- Events Featured Images
- Events Videos
- Events Description
- Events Booking Management
- Events Coupons
- Events Notifications
- Event Tickets Variations
- Payment Gateways to directly channel ticket sale to organizer
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and its members do not do the following things through their platform;
- We do not manage online and onsite event registration
- We do not manage online and onsite event ticket sales
- We do not receive money for event on behalf of the event organizers
- We do not solicit donations on behalf of event organizers
- We do not reserve merchandise related to those events to Consumers or other Users
- We do not reserve accommodations related to those events to Consumers or other Users
- We do not reserve seats for Customers that have booked for events through our platform.
- We do not provide transportation to the event venues and returns from the event venue.
- We do not collect proceeds from ticket sales
- We do not act as agents of the event organizer in cash collection
- We do not write news and articles around, about and reviews or past events.
- Service Payments
Events listing and posting on any of the platforms managed by EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and it members is free and subject to registration. Subsequent event publication by EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and its member platforms and its subsequent broadcast on different affiliate websites, social media platforms and online news and blog platforms is however subject to payment of the complete service fee; an annual subscriber’s fee for a particular level.
Service payments are deemed effected once properly receive and credited onto our platform bank account in full, this notwithstanding a system generated invoice or receipt from our events platforms.
Service payments the annual subscription charge once paid and credited onto our platforms account is non-refundable. The platform shall for a 1-year period be open to the payee to post the prescribed number of events corresponding to the subscriber’s fee paid and EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and its members shall have a corresponding duty to publish, promote and broadcast all such events to the public.
- Our Network
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA runs a network of online platforms a channel for Event Organizers and Manager to list their respective events for subsequent publication across different online events platforms run and owned by EVENTS SOUTH AFRICAand its members and other third-party platforms through which these events are promoted.
- Social Media
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA reserves the right to determine and choose which social media platforms to subscribe to, depending on the system requirements of its events platform. Through these social media platforms, EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and its member platforms shall its discretion perform further event broadcast and promotions to a limited geographical boundary and number of viewers according to the posted event’s scope and requirements?
- Events News Platforms
Whereas EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and its member platforms each manage and run corresponding online events news platforms that, allow for pre and post event news analysis, and reviews . These platforms at the discretion of EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and its member platforms require separate fees to be enjoyed by the Event’s Organizers and Managers respectively.
- Account Management
Payment of annual subscriptions fees by Event Organizers and Manager activates their right to an account under the respective platform and level paid for.
Ownership of an account with EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and its member platforms is subject to;
- The Event Organizer or Manager must be at least 18 years of age, or the legal age of majority where you reside, to use the Services. If you are 16 or older, you may only use the Services under the supervisions of a parent or legal guardian who manages your use and/or account. However, if you are under 16, please do not provide us with any information about yourself.
- The Event Organizer or Manager agrees to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself, or if you are using the Services on behalf of an entity, the entity (the “Registration Data”). You also agree to update this Registration Data if it changes.
- If there is a dispute between two or more persons or entities as to account ownership, EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA will be the sole arbiter of that dispute and IEN’s decision (which may include termination or suspension of the account) will be final and binding on those parties.
- If you are using the Services on behalf of a company or other entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to legally bind that entity and grant EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA all permissions and licenses provided in these Terms.
- EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA may grant the Event Organizer the ability to implement certain permission within their account to third parties including, “sub-users,” “sub-accounts,” or other credentialed account users. If done, the Event Organizer or Manager agrees that they are solely responsible for all activity that occurs under their account (including actions by sub-users), including maintaining the confidentiality of passwords and account details. And all rules applicable to that account will apply to all third parties, having access to the accounts.
- The Event Organizer agree to immediately notify EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA of any unauthorized use of their passwords or account or any other breach of security, even though the Event Organizer is responsible for any activities that occur under your account.
- Customer Information
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and its member platforms is designed to be interactive in nature, meaning customers or visitors to our platforms may leave behind information voluntarily or involuntarily.
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA may make available to the Event Organizer features and tools that allow you to contact your Consumers, other users of the platform, or third parties via email (the “Email Tools”).
If the Event Organizer or Manager uses Email Tools, you represent and agree that:
- You have the right and authority to send emails to the addresses on your recipient list and such addresses were gathered in accordance with email marketing regulations in the recipient’s country of residence;
- You will use the Email Tools in compliance with all applicable local, state, provincial, national and other laws, rules and regulations, including those relating to spam and email;
- You will only use the Email Tools to advertise, promote and/or manage a bona fide event listed on the platform;
- Your use of the Email Tools and the content of your emails complies these Terms;
- You will not use false or misleading headers or deceptive subject lines in emails sent using the Email Tools;
- you will respond immediately and in accordance with instructions to any Consumer sent to you by EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA requesting you modify such Consumer’s email preferences;
- You will provide an accessible and unconditional unsubscribe link for inclusion in every email where one is required, and you will not send any emails to any recipient who has unsubscribed from your mailing list.
- Payment Gateways
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and it member platforms are fitted with third-party payment gateways generally available in the public for use. We however do not manage any account with these payment gateways, nor do we use then top collect any monies for and on behalf of the Event Managers.
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and its member platforms have provided the payment gateways to facilities the direct payment from customers or visitors to our platforms, directly to the Event Organizer or Managers account.
For the payment gateways to be efficient and effect, the Event Organizer must however have a separate contract with the managers and owners these online payment gateways, establish a merchant account through which proceed may be deposited.
The Event Organizer represents that EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and its member platforms where these payment platforms are integrated, are not and will never be privity to their relationship with the owners and managers of the payment platforms.
The Event Organizer or Manager is responsible for any payment process that will enable the event organizer or manager personally receive payments for tickets, to their personal payment accounts.
These options may be limited since EVENTS SOUTH AFRICAwill not collect any payment on behalf of the event organizers. The organizer must therefore find other appropriate means to receive payments for events either by using the EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA platform to properly refer customers to their personal websites to another payment platform or giving accurate information about how tickets may be obtained and paid for.
If the Event Organizer or Manager selects a payment processing, method that uses a third party to process the payment, they assume the entire risk, and profess having an account with that payment processor or having means to collect the paid funds from the payment processor.
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA nor its bankers do not receive payment on behalf of neither the event organizer nor any of its payment processing partners,’ processes or receive payment from customers on behalf of the event organizer. EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA is not an agent of the organizer concerning payment for tickets through its platform.
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and it member platforms provide a ticking system that allows the Event Organizer develop and manage different ticket variations. This capability includes giving visitors to our platforms the ability to print tickets upon making payments for the tickets.
The Event Organizers or Managers reserves the liability to ensure that all tickets issued through our platform are accurate and correspond to only legitimate authorized ticket holder
- Platform System Requirements
The Event Organizer recognizes that the EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and its member platforms have specific system requirement that will always be adhered to by the Event Organizers. These requirements may relate to the type of media that can be uploaded onto the platform and the size of the media that can be uploaded onto the platform.
- Down Time
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and it member platforms reserve the right of systems maintenance, upgrade and during this time, it shall endeavor to resolve any problems with its platform and restore back the platform for use by both the Event Organizer or customer/visitors of the platform.
The Event Organizers also recognizes that EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and it member platform meet all necessary and reasonable security protocol to keep the platform secure, however they shall not be reasonable for any damages caused by factors beyond their control or machination of third party service providers or attackers.
- Intellectual Property and Content Ownership
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and its member platforms recognize that they are not the owners of any event post listed on its platforms.
The Event’s Organizer understands that the technical processing and transmission of the Services, including the event content, may involve transmissions over various networks and/or changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
All content, events posted through our platform belongs to the organizer and EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA does not make any claim to that Content, making you solely responsible for that content.
The Event Organizer also grants EVENTS SOUTH Africa non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable right and license to access, use, reproduce, transmit, adapt, modify, perform, display, distribute, translate, publish and create derivative works based on Your Content, in whole or in part, in any media, for the purpose of operating the platform and to increase your event post viewership and audience reach (including IEN’s promotional and marketing services, which may include without limitation, promotion of your event on a third party website and social media platforms and news channels). The Event Organizer or Manager hereby waive any and all moral right to use the name you submit with Your Content.
The Event Organizer represents and warrants they have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the foregoing license, and that all their Content
- does not infringe, violate, misappropriate or otherwise conflict with the rights of any third party;
- complies with all applicable local, state, provincial, national and other laws, rules and regulations; and
- does not violate these terms and conditions.
The Event Organizer further represents and warrants that all the information and content shall be accurate and truthful. EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA reserves the right to remove Your Content from the platform if EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA believes in its sole discretion that it violates the information is untrue, misleading or intended to cause fraud to customers or visitors of the platform.
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA may use your name and logo (whether or not you have made it available through the Services) for identifying you as an existing or past customer of EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA both on the platform and in marketing, advertising and promotional materials. EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA likewise may preserve your content and account information and may also disclose your content and account information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief, that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to;
- comply with legal process;
- respond to claims that any of Your Content violates the rights of third parties;
- enforce or administer the Terms of Service, including without limitation, these Terms of Service; and/or
- protect the rights, property and/or personal safety of IEN, its users and/or the public, including fraud prevention.
- Content Modification
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA may make modification and changes to the content to meet style, design, grammar, SEO rules and platform requirements, such as upload size or general system requirements, anything that will make the event post highly receptacle to the customers and visitors of the sites, or improve viewership and engagement or increase chance of ticket sales.
Such modification may be done with or without the consent of the event organizer, but remains the property of the organizer.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Assumption or Risk by Event Organizer
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA will aim to provide the best services in the way you need them, but, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, the Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, title, non-infringement and fitness for a particular purpose.
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA gives and makes no warranty that
- the Services (or any portion of the Services) will meet your requirements or expectations;
- the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; or
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable.
The Event Organizer acknowledge that EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA has no control over and does not guarantee the quality, safety, accuracy or legality of any event, the truth or accuracy of any information provided by consumer and or visitors to the platform. (including the Consumer’s personal information shared through the platform in connection with events). or the ability of any User to perform or actually complete a transaction.
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA hereby disclaims all liability arising from, the acts or omissions of any third parties that EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA requires to provide the Services, that an Event Organizer chooses to assist with an event, or that you choose to contract with when using the Services. .
The Event Organizer understands and agrees that some events may carry inherent risk, to consumers or platform visitors participating in those events, the Event Organizer chooses to assume the risks of being sued by the event attendees and hereby holds EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA free from any suit in those events. .
To the extent permitted by applicable laws, or as otherwise set forth herein, EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and any person or entity associated with IEN’s provision of the Services (e.g., partner, member, an affiliate, vendor, strategic partner or employee) (“Associated Parties”), will not be liable to the Event Organizer or any third party, for:
- any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, opportunity costs, intangible losses, or the cost of substitute services (even if EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA has been advised of the possibility of such damages)
- Modifications to the Terms or Services
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA reserves the right to modify these Terms from time to time (collectively, “Modifications”). If we believe the Modifications are material, we will inform you about them by doing one (or more) of the following
- posting the changes through the Services;
- updating the “Updated” date at the top of this page; or
- sending you an email or message about the Modifications. Modifications that are material will be effective thirty (30) days following the “Updated” date or such other date as communicated in any other notice to you. Modifications that are simply addressing new functions we add to the Services. Or which do not impose any additional burdens or obligations on you will be effective immediately. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any Modifications. Your continued use of the Services following Modifications constitutes your acceptance of those Modifications and the updated Terms.
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA is constantly evolving our products and services to better meet the needs of our Users. Because of this, we cannot guarantee the availability of certain product features or functionality, and we reserve the right modify, replace or discontinue any part of the Services or the entire Service.
EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA may, without your consent or approval, freely assign these Terms and our rights and obligations under these Terms whether to an affiliate or to another entity in connection with a corporate transaction or otherwise.
- Entire Agreement
Except as otherwise set forth herein, these Terms and other Privacy Polices contained in the section and other section of our platform constitute the entire agreement between the Event Organizer and EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA and govern your use of the Services, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, proposals, discussions or communications between you and EVENTS SOUTH AFRICA on the subject matter hereof.